1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get our resource pack.
    You will need McPatcher to get the most out of it , if you don't know how follow the tutorial here.

It's alive, it's alive! CraftHub today.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by mechanicaljack, Jan 12, 2015.

It's alive, it's alive! CraftHub today.

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by mechanicaljack, Jan 12, 2015.

1. mechanicaljack

mechanicaljack Administrator Staff Member

Howdy HubWorlders. Things have been quiet. A little too quiet. There were a lot of hiccups with the release of 1.8, from the EULA change just prior, to Bukkit nearly going down when Evilseph announced giving up the project only for Mojang to swoop in and attempt to save it, ending with Wolverness issuing a DMCA takedown resulting in a significant blow to Bukkit. That's the short version of the long story of events outside of our control.

On our end, I started back to school, which has taken up quite a bit of my personal time, but we had planned for that and were ready to update when all of this went down. This was a major setback for us. I'd talked to some folks about their approach, and we ran a temp world in the meantime.

Now comes the good news: We're back up! It's a new world as we said it would be. Spawn is smaller this time around, getting you out into the wilderness faster, and you have the same econ you had. Uploading the old map for download will take some more time, and we still have the creative world, but it hasn't been activated yet.

For those of you who have stuck with us through this slow period and/or others, thanks! For those of you who are new, welcome!

Please let me or another staff member know about any issues you run into. We're ironing out the kinks!

Take care and happy crafting!
    -mechjack
  2. 4everLink

4everLink Member

hay, hadn't heard anything about this whole bukkit thing until like a week ago. mind telling me that story? sounds interesting as all. I think it's cool mojang tried to save it, tho I didn't know bout any of that. but how did that lead to someone trying to shut things down? and what is a "DMCA takedown" and how bad a blow is this to bukkit? is bukkit still like, existing? I'm sure prev versions are still available somehow atleast, but the site down? future updates unlikely or just a no? eh?
  3. Princess_zelda

Princess_zelda New Member

So glad that the server is back up! I really missed the old place. *Sniffle*
    4everLink and mechanicaljack like this.
  4. mechanicaljack

@4everLink : Catch me online on the server or the teamspeak one day and I'll explain the bukkit stuff. It's a lot to go into.

@Princess_zelda : Glad you're still around as well!
  5. Princess_zelda

Princess_zelda New Member

@mechanicaljack Yeah! It was my first server ever! I hope to be around for as long as I can! ;)
  6. Aligned

Aligned New Member

7. 4everLink

4everLink Member

well I just tried it and can't seem to get to anything, so I'm guessing it isn't anymore. but also if 1 thread is alive, that means there are people poting on the forums. so if you make a new thread it'll show up with new posts and people will see it. surely someone would reply.
  8. mechanicaljack

It's not currently working. That is an old post and access to old maps is low on our priority list currently. I don't recognize your name Aligned, who did you used to be?
  9. Aligned

Aligned New Member

Just somebody who passed through the server, I found it from that minecrafter weekend thing years back.

I don't remember the exact details, but there were some epic builds I remember seeing, as well as the nicely done, and rather large spawn area.

I forgot the server name for years, and only just got round to digging up old screenshots I thought I had lost, which gave me the server name from the giant sign at the old spawn.

I liked what you had done with that old spawn area, it was fitting for a creative server to have such a large spawn area that was built with purpose, it wasn't something I would normally see on other creative servers (granted there's a lot out there).
  10. mechanicaljack

Ah. We've never really been a creative server. We've had creative worlds, but we've almost always been Survival Hard Mode.
  11. Aligned

Aligned New Member

Maybe not, but the builds were still huge, like a scale lincoln memorial and the spawn still was more than most other servers would do for a spawn especially for survival
  12. 4everLink

4everLink Member

yah there tend to be some good spawns on this server.
  13. Tonoshi

Tonoshi
    Staff
    Staff Member

Greetings, Hubworlders!

I would like to announce that I have returned! Its been a long time and I have missed all of you. Feel free to contact me in game, Twitter, or via my CraftHub email with any problems, concerns, or funny stories. I will hopefully be around at least a couple times a week on the server, but I'm almost always near a computer.

See you around server.
  14. 4everLink

4everLink Member

yay! nice to have you back Tono, and another mod/admin around too ;P
  15. LordNut

LordNut Member

I started building out there somewhere again too :) Although the servers been down for a few days now :(
  16. Madam_Midna

Madam_Midna New Member

Yeah, Crafthub has been down for 2.5 days, as of this post. Anyone know what's going on?
  17. Raemis210

Raemis210 Administrator Staff Member

It should be back up now. Sorry for the downtime, it must have crashed shortly after I had to be away for a few days. Teamspeak is the fastest way to get our attention, followed by a PM on the forums. We don't get notifications from posts, especially if we haven't replied to them.
  18. Madam_Midna

Madam_Midna New Member

Thanks Raemis. I'll send a PM next time. Cheers.
  19. LordNut

LordNut Member

20. BimLau

BimLau New Member

Do you have an update blog/forum post about the server and version 1.9? I just cant seem to find 1 :p